Re: [CQ-Contest] Quick question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Quick question
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:58:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Guy Molinari guy_molinari@hotmail.com

The SS rules say that spotting assistance is allowed for multi-ops.  Does this
mean general use of the packet cluster, or an op on a second radio?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Hi Guy,
I'm interested in the reply to your inquiry, too.  Interestingly, this is
related to an earlier e-mail in which I asked for the definition of "spotting".
 It is a term that is used to reference something that is often not allowed,
yet it is undefined.

As a result, it is often used in counterintuitive ways.  In this case,
"spotting" and "assistance" are two different terms in the contesting
world...or are they? :)

Ev, W2EV