[CQ-Contest] Live Audio - K5ZD for CQ WW CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Live Audio - K5ZD for CQ WW CW
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:31:06 -0000
After so many positive comments from last year, I will again be streaming
live audio from my station during the CQ WW CW contest next weekend.  I will
be doing a serious single op all band effort so should be active at least 40
of the 48 hours.

Audio will stream in stereo exactly the same as what I am hearing in the
headphones.  Left radio on left ear and right radio on right ear.  So
listening with headphones will give you the true SO2R feeling.  Note, most
of the contest I am listening with both ears on the same radio.

You can reach the stream by visiting http://www.k5zd.com/live

You can use any audio player, but best results seem to happen when using
Real Audio Player.   If you use Windows Media Player, be prepared for a long
buffer period before you start to hear audio.  Regardless of what player you
use, expect the audio stream to lag real-time by 15 to 60 seconds.

I will also be recording the full contest and plan to make the recording
available on my web site after the contest.  So don't worry, you can always
come back then and hear how loud you were!

The audio streaming is made possible by Dave Pascoe, KM3T, and the resources
of his live Air Traffic Control site www.liveatc.net.

Randy, K5ZD

PS - If you need a warm up for the contest, check out the recorded audio
from last year's CQ WW CW!
http://www.k5zd.com/live/wwcw05/audio_wwcw05.html