[CQ-Contest] Two callsign, two op, single station

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two callsign, two op, single station
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:58:34 EST
It occurred to me during CQWW CW this weekend that the contest  could be very
exciting if two operators shared one station with two  callsigns.  I'm
talking about taking one or two hour shifts during the  prime hours, and
perhaps a
longer shift during the wee hours of the morning and  the high-absorption
mid-day hours, with alternating callsigns and comparing  scores at the end of
the
contest.

Seems like it might break up the 48 hours a bit and maybe even allow some
rest for our aging contest population.  Although it might be a crap  shoot as
far as good vs. bad hours and conditions, it might also address that  "level
playing field" issue.

Thoughts?

Paul, K5AF