Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes or Duped?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes or Duped?
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:02:10 -0600
For whatever reason sanity is not there yet in this respect.

It's that easy to understand how and what... Let me remind you the situation
you were in for sure. You call somebody during S&P especially in the
beginning of a contest and immidiatelly you hear, not only the station you
call but also somebody else, just a bit off the freq, is giving you an
exchange. In cases like this I for one try to send my return exchange the
moment both of them are over to me. Then, having received TU or so from the
both of them I follow another station to find out WHO I have just worked
besides the one I called intentionally... If I am lucky, I log another
contact. But what if I am not lucky or my filter was not wide enough to hear
another report or so and I don't log another contact? Well, I might be be
faced the QSO B4 sooner or later...

If somebody calls you, most probably he does not have any QSO with you in
his log. So work him...

It's that easy... If the "QSO B4" option in our logging program is
activated, there are 3 options:
1. You don't work and don't log another guy because youg log tells you, QSO
B4. But you are not in HIS log... If you don't work him following your log's
advise, you miss QSO points for a contact with him.
2. You log the guy for another time and gain another point because this time
the QSO is in the both logs
3. It is a dupe, indeed. But anyway you just get zero points and don't lose
anything...

Turning the QSO B4 option OFF is in your favor always. It's just a win-win
situation. So please do so...

73,
Vladimir VE3IAE
---