Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, e

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, etc.
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:44:18 -0800
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 05:53:29PM -0800, Tree Tyree N6TR wrote:

> So Ken - maybe I have been shouting too much and I missed what you have been
> saying?
>
> Do we agree that:
>
> 1. If you are asking where to find the VY1.
> 2. Someone comes along and tells you were to find it.
> 3. You go off and work the VY1.
>
> That this is assistance?

Let me give a more explicit example.

-----------------------------
Consider this:

I (K5TR) am in the SS.

I still need West Texas and KP4 for a sweep.

I am call CQ and running guys.

Someone calls in and we exchange information.

I ask him, "Do you know where West Texas and/or KP4 are?".

He either does not or does not answer.

I keep running guys.

A few contacts later I work someone else.

I ask him, "Do you know where West Texas and/or KP4 are?".

Still no information.

I keep running guys.

Someone comes by and tells me that NP4A is on 21.354.

I dial my second radio to 21.354 and work NP4A.

Can I still enter as a single op unassisted station?

Yes or No

I would like to see a show of hands on this question.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net