Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, e

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories,Rules, etc.
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:26:12 -0000

Technically, you are requesting assistance therefore it *should be*
considered grounds for entry in the "Assisted" category. However, it is not
the direct use of a spotting network, unless you want to consider every
station on the air a network, and therefore not covered under the existing
rules of engagement.

That makes it a NO from me according to the rules.

The best gauge of its "legality" is to determine if anyone has ever been
disqualified in a contest for this practice. According to many on this
reflector this is not a new thing so historical records would indicate if it
has been used as grounds for disqualification.

You would be better off to stop the pileup and say "CQ West Texas or KP4
only" instead of asking someone directly to point you to them. That way you
are not asking anyone in particular, you're merely being selective in who
you wish to contact.

73 -- Paul VO1HE