Re: [CQ-Contest] Where will NAQP SSB be?

To: w4pa@yahoo.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where will NAQP SSB be?
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:55:21 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2007 10:10:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w4pa@yahoo.com writes:

Where is the NAQP SSB contest on 75m now going to  be?

I'd suggest that 3800 be the place to start, working up a little and down a
lot from there. That way the anyone who has just acquired HF phone  privileges
can join in the fun above 3800.

Give 3790 to 3800 a bit of a break if that is still a DX window, as there  is
now lots of electromagnetic real estate south of there.

In a related matter, discussing frequencies for the Michigan and Ohio QSO
Parties at the MRRC meeting on Saturday, we will likely be moving the suggested

phone frequencies down lower on 40 meters as well, mostly to make it easier
for  mobiles to have an antenna that will tune on both CW and SSB. Other state
QSO  party sponsors might want to take that into consideration as well.

73  -  Jim   K8MR