Re: [CQ-Contest] LQP Log Receipt Problem

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LQP Log Receipt Problem
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:24:29 -0800
Please excuse the bandwidth, but I just found out this morning there was a
problem with my ISP (now fixed) that had been limiting some email file sizes to
a ridiculously low level.  This apparently nuked some incoming LQP log
submissions and also resulted in bounce-backs.

Additionally, there were over 1,000 new s p a m and v i r u s laden emails in
my ISP's Postini filter for me.  Logs from W6SC and W6KY were retrieved from
this mess.  A plethora of new email forgeries of 3 of my domain names
(including k6vva.com) has also wreaked havoc.  Mr. Murphy (via his Net
Criminals) also strikes off-air.

The LQP Claimed Scores will be updated tonight to include new
additions/resubmits from W9RE, K6XX, W0YK, VE3NBJ, K6DGW, K6MM, VA3NR, W6SC, &
W6KY.

Hopefully, any remaining logs to come before the 1/24 deadline will flow
through correctly.  Submissions MUST adhere to the requirements in the
http://www.k6vva.com/lqp Rules because of manual processing needs.

For the next LQP, I plan to implement a web-based PHP/MySQL reporting system to
eliminate all the #&^! email related problems.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA