Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m

To: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>,ku8e <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m
From: Nick Lekic <ve3ey@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:28:47 -0800 (PST)
I was having a semi decent run in NAQP between 02Z and 05Z but I was stuck on
1853 all the time.

On the less serious note,  I am sure CW hordes will be back next weekend with
vengeance to stick in their flag somewhere around 1900 Khz :-)

Cheers

73,  Nick
ve3ey

>  From what I observed for the most part the band plan was being followed
> on 160. I only heard a few stations CQing below 1840. BTW.. the worst two
> offenders that I heard were a couple of well known VE3 contesters who
> probably should of known better....
>
> Jeff KU8E/4

I was not in the contest but listened across the band for a couple of hours.
I noticed the same thing Jeff mentions.  These two stations were running
them hot and heavy, west coast to east coast for a LONG time.

Milt, N5IA