Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting 10 years from now

To: "'Dale Martin'" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting 10 years from now
From: "Trent and Lorraine" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:11:24 +1000
Dale,

Try Morse Runner many ways better than the DR DX series,
http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/

Contesting 10 years from now ?

The new influx of "foundation" class licences will give us many more
operators new records will have been set in the latest sunspot peak,
companies like Hamnation will realise they had it right on what people
wanted but Chinese companies will be producing the products for a tenth of
the price.
Digital filters will be able to handle RF and the brick wall filters will be
just that.
Rigs will be like sound blaster cards and fit into the radio and offer true
SDR arrangements.
* Question to all .. If these PCs can run at these many ghz frequncies /
clock speeds is there any reason that sideband etc cant be generated and
decoded fully in the software environment?
Antenna's; More use of better antenna systems, the trap tribander will
disappear replaced by the DJ2UT and Steppir styles, but monobanders will
still rule supreme

Cheers All

Trent Sampson
[PO Box 1647 Toowoomba Qld 4350]  VK4TI