Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting in 10 years

To: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting in 10 years
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:06:27 +0100
Eric Hilding wrote:

><sorry_this_is_a_fully_automated_station_so_I_can't_answer_your_question_rig
>ht_now.wav> :-)

Interesting perspective... How about adding systems of some
"service"-hotlines that we may only need to say  "One" to get the serial
number again from the automated station, say "Two" to get the suffix
again and so on. "Cut numbers" for phone.
Also :-) and 73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)

P.S.: Will be interesting to see what spinoff of these potential
developments will be affordable for the majority of "ran-also"
contesters/hams - who build the rate for the superstations (i.e. whether
SO2R-in-a-box will spread this technique with still existing antenna
space restrictions) and the effect on the fascination for the
"operating" part of contesting. An ever growing financial and time
investment for station building may be inevitable (for the big ones) but
maybe not helpful to keep competitive spirit up at every level of
contesting.