[CQ-Contest] The spotting network needs....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The spotting network needs....
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:41:26 -0500
It became abundantly clear this weekend working the ARRL DX at the
NQ4I M/M that the spotting network needs to have a Mode field. I lost
count of the number of times I had to delete spots (many of them for
needed multipliers) that appeared on 40m and 20m, but were for modes
other than CW.

You certainly can't segregate modes by frequency, since on 40m CW was
in use over the entire region 1 and 3 band (all 100 kHz), and the CW
activity washed over the PSK and RTTY hotbeds on 20m.

If we could have filtered the spots by mode, it would have made life
a lot easier.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901