Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest

To: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>,"cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest
From: Andy Blank <n2nt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:45:08 -0500
At 12:06 AM 2/21/2007, Guy Molinari wrote:
Hi all,
     I'm thinking about trying the Russian DX contest this year.  How
is the activity level?   Rates?  I can't say I remember hearing what
the bands are like during this one.   I found the web site really
helpful but I wanted to hear the scoop from this group.

73 - Guy, N7ZG

Hi Guy(s).

I highly recommend this contest.
One of the most fun times I had was back in 2001 when there were
actually sunspots :-).
Ended up with over 2000 qsos in only 24 hours.
A great answer to the debate for a shorter contest too.
You can go either mode or both, plenty of categories to enter.
Nice trophies and great participation.

Word of caution:
The logs are checked quite thoroughly. Make sure you get everything right!

Have fun!

73, Andy N2NT