Re: [CQ-Contest] Annual Suggestion

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annual Suggestion
From: "Cooper, Stewart" <coopers@odl.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:43:28 -0000
This thread has mutated to the point where some seem to view this as a
suggestion to change the SOAB category. That was not what was originally
suggested by Rick. I agree, that a category is required which allows single op
36 hours max operation, and not just in the ARRL DX, also in CQ WW. A new
category - not a change to the definition of SOAB.
There is no doubt that there are some who enjoy doing the full 48 hours. Good
luck to them. I don't or can't. But I have to compete with them. So I probably
won't bother to 'compete' at all. I may operate, but I won't compete, which is
a pity, for me and contesting in general.
FWIW
73
Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F