[CQ-Contest] How Many Hours are we Putting in Now?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] How Many Hours are we Putting in Now?
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:42:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Here is some interesting info on ARRL DX CW relative to how many hours we are
putting in:

Top 40 SOAB HP Unassisted Scores
40 hours +    7
35 - 39         11
30 - 34          7
25 - 29          3
10 - 25         12

Top 40 SOAB LP Unassisted Scores
40 hours +    4  (Interestingly, this is 1,2,3 & 4 in the standings)
35 - 39         4
30 - 34         2
25 - 29         4
10 - 25        26

Would 12 and 24 hour categories increase competitive contesters hours and
therefore contest activity overall?  I don't think these number are conclusive
to that, yet.  I would like to put the question out the reflector?  Lets hear
the comments.

If you are in these numbers, how many hours did you put in and why didn't you
do more?  Would a 12 or 24 hour category change your mind?

For me, I did 41.5 hours.  That is 4 hours less than what I have proven capable
of doing so far.  I slept in those 4 because band conditions made the trade off
for rest (I was fighting a cold) better than the few available Qs at that time.
 The 12/24 categories would not have any effect on this decision.

What about you?  If you are in these numbers, we like to hear from you.

Thanks.

Ed  N1UR