Re: [CQ-Contest] Please Post Me Requests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Please Post Me Requests
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:36:53 -0000
I guess they can ask but you don't have to do it. You can always say "Sorry,
that's against the rules". That's something that they have to deal with.

As far as your scenarios, in my opinion:

1.      If you want to post them, do it without saying anything. If they
move before the effects are felt, that's their tough luck. Offering
assistance is one of those things that was debated ad nauseum a few months
back. Personally, I couldn't care less if you offered because the recipient
station didn't ask but there are those who get their knickers in a knot on
the subject. Just say nothing, do it and move on.

2.      I got no problem with that. Many stations working split on 80M have
asked if their TX freq is clear. The way propagation is these days, they may
think they have a perfectly clear freq only to find out subsequently that a
mega station was there as well completely swamping them. It's just a part of
the game. Don't sweat it.

As far as telling someone they have bad audio or some other obvious problem
on transmit, I think that it is your duty to inform them of the problem as
they may be doing damage to their equipment or causing unnecessary
interference. And NO... this is not "assistance" for the purposes of radio
sport rules. It's just good manners.

73 -- Paul VO1HE