Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers
From: G3SJJ <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:57:26 +0000
Thanks for all the comments.

1 - I would never, ever, ever use cut numbers in a callsign for whatever
reason.

2 - I raised the subject because I was listening to a contest station
over the weekend who I am sure was sending V instead of 4.

3 - I have a recording and will take it with me and let some experienced
CW people listen to it when I am in Austin, Texas next weekend.

4 - If I am wrong and am still reading 4 as V I will publicly apologise
to the station involved.

73 Chris G3SJJ, G8D, GU8D and no cut numbers!!