Re: [CQ-Contest] A call to action

To: "Jim George" <n3bb@mindspring.com>,"Ethan Miller K8GU" <ethan@k8gu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A call to action
From: "Trent and Lorraine Sampson" <vk4ti@sampson.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 06:58:39 +1000
With the great numbers of newbie's who are non Morse /CW operators is
the need out there for very advanced CW decoder programmes "to keep the
dream alive" . I know Writelog has a pretty good decoder but are there
better ones (freebies) I could direct local new licensees to try out ??
At least this way they are on air using CW..

Our intra VK field day was on two weeks ago and I operated portable
using a Fire tower as the antenna mast,
http://ljcap.blogspot.com/search/label/vk4ti  we setup multi multi used
dipoles and logbooks and ended up with three very enthusiastic newcomers
to contesting who now want to build filters amp auto changeover systems
etc to get really serious before these sunspots start.

Yes Contesting can be contagious. but the chance of these guys learning
CW I am afraid is not very high.

Thanks to those who heard our 20M long path 100w to the delta loop.NQ4I
et al..

Regards

Trent

 Trent and Lorraine Sampson
| PO Box 1647 | Toowoomba QLD  | 4350| Mobile 0408 497550
Ham Radio Call Sign : VK4TI