[CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting
From: Tom Taormina <tom@k5rc.cc>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:08:41 -0700
This is starting to sound like the discussions of 30 years ago about
packet that led to SO-A class entries.

Part of the future of our hobby is symbiosis with computers and the
Internet. I suggest that remote stations, and even remote stations
for hire, are going to be part of the landscape of contesting within
a few years. We had best look forward to a new set of categories to
accommodate SO, MS, M2, MM remote operating. Think of how inventive
we could get if we made it a wide-open category, i.e., no geographic
boundaries on the remote locations! What a hoot that might be.
Imagine the rates you could have running a remote in EA9 from an
apartment in Sheboygan?

Maybe it's just me, but I always look at what is and think about what
is possible. The status quo is for old fogies with no vision.

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City Nevada USA
Home of NACHO - W7RN and RANN - K7RC
Web Site: http://k5rc.cc/   FOC 1760