Re: [CQ-Contest] JAs in Contesting

To: sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] JAs in Contesting
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:31:28 +0000 (GMT)

> In my opinion, the JA community is still alive and well on HF
> DXing but is not motivated anymore for Contesting.
>
> Ed N1UR

Wonder.... one gets ZERO points for working his own HUGE country (JA, W, UAs...)
Some "THRILL" to spend 48 hours in the World Biggest Baddest CQ WW Contest only
to be discriminated against working your own.

Euros popped few more countries and can work each other and have FUN!!!

Example: W/Ks on 160 m band, with super station setup work some 400 QSOs, Euros
work 1700. No doubt same goes for JAs. Who's having fun and incentive to
participate, especially for little pistols getting the taste of contesting.

Add 3 QSO penalty "to teach us accurate logging" and 9 month results pregnancy
time - welcome to 21st Century contesting. (Shut up Yuri, we have real time
reporting and packet service and remoteeees coming  :-)

Thanks for 1 pointers in CQ WPX SSB, they kept me going!

73 Yuri, K3BU
NT1E www.TeslaRadio.org