Re: [CQ-Contest] technical challenge

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] technical challenge
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:16:27 -0500
> Knowing other peoples scores during an event
> adds excitement and motivates us "non top-10ers"
> to "eek out" a few more QSO's before
> packing it in.  It's fun. :)

I'm not sure this statement represents everyone, Ev.  There are plenty of
times where someone has pitched it in after learning that the op they were
chasing was so far ahead of them, they threw in the towel rather than
"eeking out" a few more QSOs.

The dynamic of contests where people know how the competition is doing
compared to contests where they don't is not a new idea.

The element of NOT knowing how your competition is doing is not without
merit.

Not all contests should be the same.

Etc.

Mark, N5OT