[CQ-Contest] Cut numbers

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:37:05 -0600
As a mediocre cw guy I have to say that cut numbers threw me almost every
time.  I get in number rhythms and ..--- followed by ._ _. _ just killed me.

The letter O for zero threw me too.  I am sure those two saved dah's made
all the difference in the world.

Most of the cutter were the bigger European stations for some reason.

I am pretty sure that my logging program will let me input the cut letters
and convert but that is not the mode I am in.

Do cut numbers really save you time?  5NN is fine  5NN A4 works great in WW
but  ATNT does not compute.

My apologies to the EE station that had to slow way down for me.  LOL

Lots of folks speeding up the 5NN portion of the exchange and slowing down
the numbers.  Worked pretty well for me too.

Mike W0MU