Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Technique

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Technique
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:14:21 -0700
Steve, N8NM, wrote:

> I'm curious as to what SO2R techniques people are using.

A number of the major Contest Clubs received a copy of our NCCC SO2R CLINIC
v1.0 DVD for re-distribution amongst the club members.  It contains
considerable SO2R Technique options.

Our annual regime change has taken place at the NCCC, and hopefully our new
Leadership can work out a plan to make individual DVD copies available to SO2R
Contesters who are in remote areas and/or not members of those large clubs (for
a reasonable fee & shipping, etc.).

You can view a brief "Demo/Trailer" I put together last year after finishing
editing & production of the SO2R DVD at:

http://www.k6vva.com/nccc/so2r  (Click on: SO2R DVD PROMO (1.8M .wmv) ... The
Audio is MONO to keep the online filesize down).  XE2K & K5TR are worked by
N6BV on SSB in the demo, along with video snippets from the N6RO, K7NV & N6BV
SO2R "Instructional" segments.

NOTE: Please IGNORE the text that says: Info on how to obtain the DVD is coming
soon!!!

One thing that might help is to get some kind of idea of how many people would
be interested in single copy purchases.  Use the "Contact" email address on the
website, and let me know of any interest.  I will QRX for one week, and then
tally up the responses and forward that info to the NCCC decision makers.
Unfortunately, I have too many plates spinning here to be involved in copying,
distribution or shipping of the DVD's myself.

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
NCCC SO2R CLINIC v1.0 DVD Producer