Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #'s

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #'s
From: K5NZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:22:45 EDT
<<While we are on cut numbers, I'd (again) like to plead for hams to  stop
sending "J" for "1."  That is fairly common among second tier  European
contesters.  Some even have their computers set to send "J"  for "1."  If
you must send a letter as a cut number for "1," please use  the letter
"A."  When you use "J," I can only guess whether you meant  "1" or if I
lost a dot from the number "2" in  your number.  So, I  MUST ask for a
repeat of your number to see if I did in fact miss the dot or  if you are
a LID.  Ouch!  That was way out of character for me and  I apologize.
Please, don't take it personally--just take action!  73,  John, K4BAI.

Bottom line....  you want new cw contesters??? don't make things more
confusing for them.  the time you save on a few Q's you loose having to  repeat
as
John said...

just send the stinking number as a number!

nz