Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #'s

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut #'s
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:02:32 -0700
Hi Shelby

You are right on there.

I think sometimes op's have their CW (computer) speed set real slow even if
they can copy much faster.  I have never figured out why in the heck if I am
sending at 35, someone answers at 15, even if they can copy the exchange
alright at 35.  Probably 95% of the time if I send it at 35, they get it
right the first time (except for SS or some contest where you actually have
to send something relevant).  "5NN OR" is not all that hard to copy.

I'm not knocking slow speed op's--I love 'em.  I'd like to see a lot more of
them participating in the contests.  W9RE is heading up a slow speed Sprint
on Thursday nights at 0200 .  Listen up around 14.040.  If I am going too
fast, and you can't copy, TELL ME TO SLOW DOWN.  But if you copy 35, answer
at 35 :-)

If I hear someone calling CQ at 15, I'll slow down to 15 to answer them.  I
think that is only fair.

But, as far as cut #'s, I don't like and never send them except for "N"  and
sometimes "O."  73
Tom W7WHY