Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea

To: "'Warren C. Stankiewicz'" <nf1j@earthlink.net>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 06:46:19 -0500
Warren,

The other group of big spenders - DXers - combined with contesters has to be
a larger % - no?

K1AR's recent column in CQ touches on this issue of who is a DXer that
contests and who is a contester that chases DX and where does the line get
crossed.

I suspect that few shack-on-the-belt types will ever buy an IC7800, FT9000,
or a PT8000 but contesters and DXers do.

73,

Bob W5OV