Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:36:31 -0700
> So then, it would be completely admissable and acceptable to record the
> entire contest, and utilize any source of information to confirm the
> exchanged info, correct the log, and finally send it along to the correct
> site?

This was actually tried once by a rather well-known contester in an ARRL
contest (SS? DX? 10 M? I can't remember).

It didn't work. They still erred on exchanges and calls, and there was no
way the ARRL Contest Branch had the time, resources, or interest in
reviewing the recordings as claimed by this individual.

So the real secret is, and always has been to get it right, and if you're
not sure, swallow your pride and ask for a fill. Sending in your log without
checking it for errors first, though, is like doing the same thing with your
income taxes.

73,

Warren, NF1J/6