Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:45:34 -0000
Dave. For sure, but only for those ops with experience of CW
operating I think. Sadly many new recruits to RTTY just
don't think in that way. It's always obvious when someone is
monitoring aurally, since their response time is always
faster, just like in a normal CW contest. Equally it's also
obvious when they are not, as they will simply CQ in your
face, when a simple QRZ and retuning would resolve the
signal. After a while , and even for a novice RTTY op like
me, it's possible to detect the pattern of a CQ by ear, and
RYRYRY is easy peasy of course.

73

Clive
GW3NJW