[CQ-Contest] Feld Hell and Field Day Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Feld Hell and Field Day Rules
From: "Tim Goeppinger" <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:41:57 +0000
There has been a little discussion about the use of Feld Hell on Field Day
on the
Feld Hell Club reflector.  We would like some clarification on whether it
counts
as a normal digital QSO, or does it qualify for the non-traditional demo
mode 100 pt bonus?

I know it won't apply to myself because I will be a 1D.  Just wondering for
the stations
I contact.

Tim K6GEP

Here are the rules

7.3.10. Non-Traditional Mode Demonstrations: A maximum of 300 bonus points
(100 points for each demonstration up to three) for setting up a
demonstration of a non-traditional mode of amateur radio communications.
This includes modes such as APRS, ATV, and SSTV. Available to Classes A, B,
and F.

7.3.10.1. This bonus is not available for demonstration of a mode for which
regular QSO credit is available. PSK31 is not eligible as a demonstration
bonus as it is now in wide-spread use and is eligible for regular QSO
credit.

7.3.10.2. A complete portable packet system may be included as one of the
demonstration modes. This system must include a temporary, portable node and
must be completely separate from the existing packet infrastructure of your
area. Simply setting up a packet station does not qualify as a demonstration
mode.

7.3.10.3. Demonstration modes must use the amateur radio spectrum at the
point of the demonstration.

7.3.10.4. Frequency bands, such as 10 GHz are bands, not modes of
communications and do not qualify for the demonstration mode bonus.

7.3.10.5. Each demonstration mode must be different - that is, you can not
claim the bonus three times for doing the same demonstration mode
repeatedly.