Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: "Barry" <w2up3@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:58:15 -0700
Good idea, Barry.  Kind of like a FREE square on a bingo card?

Can you imagine being the ONLY station active in the contest from your
country and/or zone?  The extraordinary steps many of us have had to take,
dozens of times,  just work our own multipliers - well, you get the picture.

 I've been a proponent of this for years, but also doubt that 'The Powers
That Are' will think this to be any better than the multiplicity of other
(obviously) patently noxious ideas  that many have proposed to better the
CQWW contests, and also summarily rejected - without explanation.

  Simply stated:  If "they" didn't invent it, OR unless it affects "them"
personally (witness the out-of-the-blue 1500 watt rule that followed the new
CN8WW multi/multi records a few years back), you're wasting your time with
innovative ideas...

Good thinking, anyway.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger   N6TJ (Tough Jedi fighting the Evil Empire)