Re: [CQ-Contest] 160 Receiving Antennas

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Tom Taormina" <tom@k5rc.cc>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160 Receiving Antennas
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:11:34 -0000
The, overall, most success I've had has been with a relatively low, 25-40 ft
high, full-sized 300 ohm folded dipole. It is almost useless as a xmit
aerial but really hears well and is very low noise. The problem with aerial
is that it is to simple and therefore has no credibility. I've heard all the
usual Caribbean, African, South American, and Asian stations with no
problem. I switch it with relays and use a 4:1 balun(homebrew).
Just my -2cents worth
73

MAL
N7MAL