Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic stations in CQWW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic stations in CQWW
From: "Don Cassel" <doncassel@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:36:43 -0400
Nothing at all is wrong with this Gordon. You can work your own country/zone
for a mult but any other stations after that do not net a point. This is
more of an issue for running stations.

I was called a lot by other Canadians especially VE3s and VE7s. But only the
first one gave me a mult according to the CQWW rules. But I still worked
them for two reasons. First, I may have been their first mult so would not
want to deny them the mult. Second, as Dallas said, it lets the newbies have
more fun and keeps up the interest in contesting.

For me this situation occurred more on the second day and by then it had
little effect on my rate. It was simply faster to work them and move on.

73, Don VE3XD

>I understand the rules, but will still try to call a stateside contact if
it is
>an all-time new band-mode one for me.  Is this wrong? should I not call the

>station?  What is the purpose of limiting all contacts to DX? I find
contests
>great times to pick up a new state on a band, or a new dx on a band.

>Gordon - N1MGO

>On 2 Nov 2007 at 18:26, Tom Osborne wrote:

> I know it is getting to be a problem, but I wonder if it just newcomers
that
> really don't understand the rules.
>
> If so, we should encourage them to get in, but learn the proper
proceedures.
> Don't really know how to do that as they probably are not subscribed to
this
> reflector.
>
> Someone suggested emails, but don't think anyone would want to send out
150
> emails after contesting all weekend :-)  73
> Tom W7WHY
>

> > Rich, what are the relative percentages of your total QSOs for those
> > years?
> > Are you thinking the number is the result of specifying "outside the
US"?