Re: [CQ-Contest] Directed CQ (was SS Reminders)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Directed CQ (was SS Reminders)
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:58:20 -0700
On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 01:55:11PM -0700, PAUL PIERCEY wrote:

> A reasonably likely event is that some one calling "CQ ND" repeatedly would
> eventually be spotted as "begging for ND" with a casual ND operator then
> providing the contact. Seems to me like receiving assistance from a human
> after asking for assistance. Assisted class?

I agree that this is very likely.

As is the chance that someone will look at the cluster
for you and tell you where the section you need is on the bands.

This is why you will never hear me call a CQ like that in the
SS or any other contest.  I do not want the help.

Already in contests you have folks telling you about
these mults - I hate it when they do that because I dont
want to be helped.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net