[CQ-Contest] Check numbers again

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Check numbers again
From: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:24:07 -0500
Someone said:

>>>"I WAS single-op and used the club year.  So was the op at W1MX. It doesn't
>>>matter.  We can pontificate all day about it, but it's just info in the
>>>exchange."

It DOES matter if you are getting in SS to work folks you've worked for 40 or
more years, and the "year operator first licensed" means a lot.

"Just info in the exchange" takes some of the flesh and blood out of the SS and
turns it into another video game.

The rule, right off the current ARRL web site, says:

"Check (the last two digits of the year you were first licensed);"

That's YOU.

I never thought of valuing my CK because it labeled me as younger than most
everybody else in SS. Now, I'm in that big demographic hump....

Jim Cain, K1TN (CK 61)
Atlantic City