Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead Horse

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead Horse
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:37:04 -0500 (EST)
What's really a dead horse is the whole assisted discussion in general and now
it is trying to "infringe" on those of us who don't want anything to do with
assisted.

When we start saying that a non-assisted contester who is saying CQ Africa or
CQ Alaska is actually now "assisted" through some convaluted logic, we are
really heading down a slippery slope.

If a person could have done it 20 years ago "on the air" there is NO WAY that
same action makes you "assisted" today.  The fact that some "assisted"s are
trying to ditort into something in their world is "their" problem, not the poor
chap trying to work his double mult in the last hour of a contest while he
beams NW.

To compare that with "I need AK, ID, NT, EWA, and MT, please spot me" is a
gross whitewashing of a more specific and serious problem.

Ed  N1UR