Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules - was Check numbers again

To: w5ov@w5ov.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules - was Check numbers again
From: W3DMB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:52:19 EST

Bob,
"55 is cool and fast"  and there are still a bunch of us who were  first
licensed in 1955 when we got on with 15-20 watts to a piece of wire with  what
was
then (and still are) lousy receivers, throwing knife switches and knobs  to
go from receive to transmit..  Things were low tech and slow but the few
contacts possible while fighting against Radio Moscow on 40 meters were
exciting,
pounding surplus J-38s (bought for 50 cents at the Army/Navy store)  during
that "golden age."  The check is informative for the history and  tradition
that
it conveys.
Jerry
W3DMB
CK 55

In a message dated 11/7/2007 12:29:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,