Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <b38@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:31:09 -0800
Ooops. I need to clarify something  about my previous comment:

>> J., VY1JA, wrote:

>> 1. -Would it be of any advantage to try to set up the FT-990 and the
TS450, as an SO2R station for CQP, and the SS pair from The Yukon?

> Maybe yes, maybe no.  My experience has been that you are primarily in S&P
mode in these events.  You could flip-flop operating style, and be a

> Run-only station with one radio.  The good news is with SO2R you can do
both S&P and Run stations :-0)  You could also S&P on both radios on two
> different bands if this is your preference!

RE: CQP

Most CQP California stations are going to be in a Run station mode, so IMHO,
S&P on two radios would make the most sense for you from an SO2R standpoint
in this event.

RE: SS

IMHO, you can probably get a higher QSO rate by being in the Run/CQ mode
because you are a RARE Mult.  Where a 2nd radio in S&P mode might pay off
best is in your own search for missing mults (unless you operate
assisted/packet category-or a combination of both).  The nice thing about
SO2R is that if for some reason you find yourself with a lot of unanswered
CQ's (which is hard to imagine), and don't feel like S&P'ing, you can resort
to the Dueling-CQ mode.  This is where you alternate CQ's between the 2
radios on 2 different bands, the result of which should be picking up more
QSOs.

FYI & 73.

Rick, K6VVA