[CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: "James Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 08:50:28 -0500
So, just how can a single op high power entrant cheat?

Operate without a proper license?
Arrange schedules before the contest?
Go to the SSB band and move multipliers to CW?
Have a second operator to fill in time in the chair?
Run illegal power?
Use packet/telnet spots?
Pad the log with made-up call signs?

I'm trying to think of more, but this isn't one of my many areas of
expertise....

CQ did a wonderful thing last year in putting every submitted log on their web
site. Maybe they should put disqualified log(s) there, too. Then we all can
learn how to cheat and "level the playing field."

This is a hobby, for crying out loud. If we can't have full disclosure, what's
the point?

Jim Cain, K1TN/2