Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet

To: wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cheating with packet
From: "hank k8dd" <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:51:47 -0500
But .... On the other hand ..... I'm Single Op, NOT Assisted.
I usually start at the bottom of the band and tune up.
I hear a station and press F4 to send my call and it puts the call in
the band map.
Try a couple of times and don't work him - the call remains marked as
the unworked color.
Tune up ..... find a station .... press F4 .... goes in the bandmap
.... work him and the band map changes the call to worked color.
I continue up the band working some and some not.
At some point I go back to the unworked stations in a random order,
picking and choosing.
Now will the log will look like I'm chasing spots (were they spotted?
- I don't know).  I tend to do that a lot .....
Will that look like I'm cheating?

But then I'm not a top ten contender .... at least not from MI.

Interesting!

73     Hank    K8DD