Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:42:25 +0100
Quote: For instance, RU6LA and UX1UA fairly pointed out that Assisted
category looks like handicapped or "minor league" as compared to
full-fledged "only a guy and his radio" one.

Thanks for the summary of Russian views on contesting goes to Yuri, VE3DZ.

Please remember that ITU assign us a lot of free frequencies for two
reasons:

1. Historical - hamradio great contribution to propagations studies

2. Futuristic - hamradio helps the society with technological progress.

Dr. Matjaz Vidmar, S53MV, professor of electromagnetic in Ljubljana rightly
called us
HF operators "brontosaurus on stone waves" as we so hopelessly fight against
modern digital
Communications even voting for outdated CW as HF entry tickets!

Fortunately FCC knew better than ARRL!  Now we have hamradio numbers growing
in USA and especially RTTY contests.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU