Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Maine Contest Site For Sale

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [TowerTalk] Maine Contest Site For Sale
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:54:14 -0800 (PST)
>Hi Guys,

>For a naieve  Californian, and seeing the price, which is almost less than the
>cost of Taxes for some Silicon Valley homes, and a sizeable tower there, which
>probably would cost much more than the asking price for the complete property,
>I am asking, what is wrong with this picture, besides the weather issues?

>http://www.realtor.com/realestate/topsfield-me-04490-1092696524/

>I would be interested in chatting more, about that site,  off line, esp anyone
>who has lived in Maine...

I would venture it has the same issue that you have down here in rural
Tennessee: it's outer nowhere.  Plus you need a real good reason for wanting a
mammoth tower like that in your yard ... 99% of people would say "no No NO!",
leaving the 1% to be people ... like us.

I saw a similar tower site near the TN/KY border in the middle of nowhere
listed  for under $10,000 with a couple of acres of land on a hilltop in the
not too distant past.  I was interested enough (and it was only 80 miles from
here) that I went and took a look -- nice spot.  And I wondered how much it was
going to cost for the demolition and removal of a mammoth, decaying, rusted out
40 year old AT&T Long Lines tower as I drove back to Knoxville, no longer
interested...

Scott W4PA