Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:35:44 -0600 (CST)
My two cents FWIW.  :-)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> Would visiting a propagation site like:
> http://lu9da.dyndns.org/www/prop.html
> or g7rau's live muf, or any of the other real time propagation sites make
> you a multi op?

Definitely not.  All that is telling you is whether a particular band
might be open.  To me, that is about the same order as listening to WWV
during a contest to get the solar numbers, or for setting your clock for
that matter. It does not tell you where any particular station is and
doesn't help you to work a particular station.

> how about looking in on my webcams and seeing if we have an operator on a
> particular band?

That's a little trickier. It could be. Is the frequency they are
operating on visible on the webcam?  In that case I could QSY to that
frequency and work them. It would have a similar effect to seeing a packet
spot. It would help me to make a particular QSO.

73, Zack W9SZ