Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 7000 vs other HF/VHF/UHF rigs

To: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com,vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 7000 vs other HF/VHF/UHF rigs
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:46:22 +0000
I love mine.  The voice keyer is really nice for roving.  Its fairly easy to
use once you get used to it.  It does take some time to get everything figured
out, but once you do, its no problem.

I wont go into the DSP because you already seem to know, but I will just say
the noise blanker alone is worth the cost.  Other than that, the display is
pleasing to the eye and easy to see.  The auto and manual notch filters work
very well.  I also get outstanding audio reports from other stations.  A common
comment from some guys with high end audio is "Whatever settings you have are
right.  Don't change a thing!"

I hope this helps.

Steve
K4GUN