Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:44:39 +0100
W5OV: Active Use / Passive Use. Very easy to understand and solves the
problem.

This statement reminds me of another famous Texan who said - You are either
with us or against!

I am sure USA lawyers would have a ball with your over-simplification.  Let
me give you simple example:  I connect to DX Cluster and unwillingly monitor
endless TALK/ALL from Andrew(5Z4FT/KI4LTH).  I guess it makes me active user
unless I prevent talk, WWV and other info apart from DX spots.

Diehard unassisted contesters make difference between passive prior info and
current data flow but I find it difficult to police in global world.  I
learnt in UK in 1970's that rules which are impossible to implement should
be avoided.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU