Re: [CQ-Contest] K2A/2,K2A/4 in 160 contest

To: k1ep.list@gmail.com, Marty Grozinski <w2cg@patmedia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K2A/2,K2A/4 in 160 contest
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:14:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Dick, N4ARO, a member of TCG, was using the SKCC club
call K2A/4 for the contest.

He did post on the TCG reflector. He didn't know that
the /2 would be operating as well.

If this comes up again, and it may, I'll try to make
sure a notice gets posted here as well. Don't think
either guys are on this reflector.

Special events are nice, but really don't care for
1x1's myself ala N8S... It may be fast and/or rare,
but it causes problems downstream of the QSO...

73,
Julius
n2wn

--- Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com> wrote:

> I worked them both and I received points for both in
> my logging
> program, N1MM.  I don't think that a 1x1 call is a
> great idea in a
> contest if you are S&P, unless it is well publicized
> (i.e. K5K), you
> get too many repeats. I know it got me the first
> time I got it, I
> thought I missed a letter.
>
> At 1/31/2008 09:28 PM, you wrote:
> >How does one differentiate between K2A/2(NY) and
> K2A/4(TN) in CQ160 contest?
> >We get the second entry as a dupe and zero points
> when they were clearly two
> >different stations.
> >Marty/W2CG

Julius Fazekas