Re: [CQ-Contest] Prefixes in WPX

To: "'Don Cassel'" <ve3xd@rogers.com>, <vo1he@rac.ca>,"'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <w4tv@subich.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Prefixes in WPX
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:17:34 -0000
Yeah, I know they get counted as mults but should they be, given the way
they are supposed to be applied, is my question. According to the rules, it
comes 'after' the callsign so, in my warped thinking, the /W4 would be
similar in nature to the /P or /MM designator and not a true "prefix". It
would be more proper, in my opinion, if the W4 came before the callsign.

I have found, when using N1MM logger, that the appended /W4 is not
recognized as a standard prefix so I have had to put them in front of the
calls to get the logger to log it correctly. I don't know if anyone else has
found that.

73 -- Paul VO1HE