[CQ-Contest] New to Contesting - Questions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New to Contesting - Questions
From: "Kevin Williams" <KJZWilliams@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:35:41 -0500
I am just starting in contesting, listened to the contests this weekend to get
a feel for how it works

been reading this list for a while

I read as much as I could find online, but of course I had a few questions

1 - in a few of the advice articles talk about planning for propagation - where
can I get propagation forcast for the contest weekends?

2 - contest run 24 hours (varies of course) but I only hear activity in the
evenings - am I missing the daytime stuff, or does everyone concentrate on the
evenings?

3 - listened to the Sprint saturday night - overall one of the most intense
events I have heard - seems extremely hard to get a contact - any the ops give
their call so fast, I had a hard time keeping up - does it get easier to catch
the calls with practice?

Thanks
KD8EZS
Kevin