Re: [CQ-Contest] self spotting

To: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i@contesting.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] self spotting
From: Tim Gardner <n9lf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Rick,

It is entirely possible (and I would suggest, entirely LIKELY) that this email
is fake and did NOT come from the ARRL Contest Director - or anyone else at
ARRL. Spoofing the source of an email message is ridiculously easy. Spammers,
for example, send millions of messages every day - all with fake "from"
addresses.

I certainly agree that such a message is completely inappropriate, but a bit
more research into the true source is needed.

Tim - N9LF