Re: [CQ-Contest] W0RAA's Brilliant Suggestion

To: "Keith Morehouse" <w9rm@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W0RAA's Brilliant Suggestion
From: "Alan Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:52:40 -0800
I believe it SHOULD be obvious before the contact is made.  If you are
S&P you should listen to the Run station before calling to be sure you
have his call and power OK before calling.  The problem lies in where
the Run station is sending NNN, AK, AZZ or some other trick number that
is not readily understandable.  You can listen to a station send NNN 20
times and not understand what NNN is supposed to represent.  Some
standardization would be nice.

I was trained as a Coast Guard CW operator, I guess these cut numbers is
what you have to expect from a bunch of Amateurs (tongue in cheek, I
couldn't resist)

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired