[CQ-Contest] Odd way of making a contest exchange

To: "CQ contest list" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Odd way of making a contest exchange
From: "Paul Beringer" <ng7z@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:33:38 -0800
During the recent NAQP rtty contest, I noticed a number of ops who responded
to my cq with their exchange like this:

CQ NA W7MRC CQ
DE WZ0XYZ 599 BILL OH TU 73

This kind of exchange interrupts the flow of running and I was unsure of how
to do the exchange. So I just sent

WX0XYZ TU 599 PAUL WA

Usually a period of silence would occur then I'd hear something like

QSL TU DE WX0XYZ

Anyone else have this happen to them and what did you do? I'd just log the
exchange and finish up. I guess that's about all you can do.

73 Paul NG7Z